Butter Plumbing Disaster - Theft of Funds
'Butter you up' alright... Simply put, they don't get more dishonest than this. Buyer Beware! Shawn Butter's salesman quoted me $8,300 to replace 3 toilets and a bathtub. I placed the order on a Friday afternoon 4 p.m. to be exact, but then later discovered the toilets were not a good match for my family (through some basic online research over the weekend).
I contacted Shawn to cancel 3 business hours later, Monday 9 a.m., and was informed I would be charged some $1,025.00 in cancellation and restocking fees. They claimed the 3 toilets had been already shipped Friday evening, received Monday morning, and needed to be sent back to the supplier. No proof of shipment offered or provided to me, so this red flag gives it away a thousand times over, that they were never shipped. I also wonder why they would have even been shipped so quickly when I clearly told the salesman that the install could only be completed in two months from that day, because I was renting the home prior to closing on it.
I also have a saved voicemail where Shawn Butter threatened to show up at my property because I disputed the egregious amount of money he attempted to steal from me for changing my mind over the 2 day weekend. Yes, this is theft! Also, curiously, his receipt never states terms and conditions on how much time you have to reconsider an order. No refund or restocking policy either.
As you might imagine, playing the part of any typical *** artist, Butter Plumbing likes to award themselves with fake 5 star reviews online, while having the negative reviews removed by harassing the review sites. Do yourself a huge favor and pass on this East coast carpetbagger.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- New Toilets
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Service Magic faces ongoing consumer complaints, distrust, and serious consumer concerns over their negative business practices. Negative complaints continue to mount against Service Magic home improvement online contracting services from unhappy..."
- "On August 31st, my sink was clogged and i contacted Plumbing Rescue after my efforts to undrain the sink failed. They came out the same day and had to..."
- "Mohawk Industries 25 year warranty for stains is obviously not worth the value of the paper that it was written on. I bought Mohawk Smartstrand carpet from Lowes. I noticed..."
- "We had Zerorez come out last year with no problems and the carpet was totally dry in 4 hours, Great experience! We had Zerorez again come out this year and clean..."
- "Lowe's is absolutely nasty when dealing with customers injured on its premises. See http://lowdownloweshomecentersinc.blogspot.com . Especially in its choice of insurance adjusters, SRS also known as Sedgwick..."
- "With no warning, we had to find a car for our daughter. Low Book Sales had a 2007 Honda Accord advertised for $6000- at least $3000 under Blue Book. Not expecting..."
- "I renewed plan from Verizon in July keeping the plan the same including what i was being charged. Offered "free upgrade" to 100/100 internet. Told the bill would be the..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."