Butter Plumbing Disaster - Theft of Funds

'Butter you up' alright... Simply put, they don't get more dishonest than this. Buyer Beware! Shawn Butter's salesman quoted me $8,300 to replace 3 toilets and a bathtub. I placed the order on a Friday afternoon 4 p.m. to be exact, but then later discovered the toilets were not a good match for my family (through some basic online research over the weekend).

I contacted Shawn to cancel 3 business hours later, Monday 9 a.m., and was informed I would be charged some $1,025.00 in cancellation and restocking fees. They claimed the 3 toilets had been already shipped Friday evening, received Monday morning, and needed to be sent back to the supplier. No proof of shipment offered or provided to me, so this red flag gives it away a thousand times over, that they were never shipped. I also wonder why they would have even been shipped so quickly when I clearly told the salesman that the install could only be completed in two months from that day, because I was renting the home prior to closing on it.

I also have a saved voicemail where Shawn Butter threatened to show up at my property because I disputed the egregious amount of money he attempted to steal from me for changing my mind over the 2 day weekend. Yes, this is theft! Also, curiously, his receipt never states terms and conditions on how much time you have to reconsider an order. No refund or restocking policy either.

As you might imagine, playing the part of any typical *** artist, Butter Plumbing likes to award themselves with fake 5 star reviews online, while having the negative reviews removed by harassing the review sites. Do yourself a huge favor and pass on this East coast carpetbagger.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.